Calling all Chefs and Restaurants
Make a Difference to Farmers
Join us for the First Dinner Event To Raise Money for the Piggy Bank Foundation
What is it? Cochon555, a prestigious culinary tour promoting heritage breed pigs is challenging the nation’s most influential chefs, restaurants and retailers to invite diners to eat out and shop in support of a safer, more honest food system on the first “Pig Day Out”. Taking place on Wednesday, March 1 - National Pig Day - chefs and restaurants in North America are asked to offer a portion of sales on one night for the benefit of the Piggy Bank Foundation and its mission. "Pig Day Out” aims to raise awareness about heritage breed pork produced by family farmers, while providing diners with an inspirational night of eating with a purpose.
How does it work? The participating restaurant or retailer will pledge a percentage of sales (completely at the participant's discretion) from customers served on National Pig Day. Participants will offer guests an option to order heritage breed pork and also promote the event socially using #PigDayOut for #Charity. There are no licensing fees and participants will directly pay the charity following the event. The goal is simple: to create a foundation that will ensure family farmers have resources to run successful businesses which will clear a path for new farmers to raise safe and honest food for generations of children and cooks to come. We ask you to become part of this legacy.
Participating restaurants and retailers are listed in a nationwide marketing campaign in an effort to increase customer traffic and goodwill, including:
- Restaurant / Chef Spotlight Listing on www.Cochon555.com website for one year
- Restaurant / Chef Spotlight Listing on www.Piggy-Bank.org website for one year
- Participating restaurateurs will receive a tax deductible letter from the charity for the gift
- Participants will be promoted via robust social media campaign to 40,000+ followers nationally
- Participants will enjoy being part of a nationwide, industry-strong good food movement to help family farmers succeed
The restaurant / retailer wishing to get involved need only pledge a percentage of sales (completely at the participant's discretion) from customers served on National Pig Day. Provide guests with the option to order heritage breed pork and share the news of the event with your community. There will be no licensing fees and participants will pay the charity directly. Confirm your participating by filling out the form below.
Here are some ideas, feel free to do something more your style, and share with us so we can promote you on the website. If you want to see what the website directory will look like, visit here
- Offer any percentage of sales from the day
- Offer a flat fee to charity from the day in form of a donation
- Host a special 3 course tasting menu similar to restaurant week
- Work with a farmer, do a nightly special featuring your friends
- Sell $2 Amuse / Intermezzo Course and Donate $1 to charity
- Host a wine and charcuterie tasting
- Host a butcher demo in your shop
- Host a Guest Chef Dinner, invite a friend and / or farmer
- Offer heritage pig dishes in addition to menu
- Host a Whole Pig Dinner with a local farmer
- Replay a Cochon555 specially featured menu
- Book your Private Dining Room
- Host National Pig Week - $2 of every pig dish for charity
- Offer $1 from every cover, or $1 from every heritage pig dish, or cocktail
- If you are a farmer, offer surplus meats to chefs at a discount
Upon confirmation, participants will receive the following:
- A media alert participants can update announcing their participation.
- Promotional images and standardized posts for your social media accounts.
- Forms of payments accepted by charity include check, wire and credit card.
- Participating restaurateurs will receive a tax deductible letter from the charity for the gift.